Data Scientist Director
Peterson Technology Partners
Our senior managers are dedicated to data driven solutions, our group has Life, Health, property and Casualty, may be opps down the road to gain P&C exp. Will gain exposure to a few lines of business. We tackle HR projects, distribution, product, operations, touch almost every department with high exposure. It is very flat from that point of view. Life in data science has been going on for two years and it is very raw-you can get in on the ground floor. Work towards solutions
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as part of a team to build predictive models designed to support the organization in areas such as risk selection, customer segmentation and lifetime value, insurance pricing, operational efficiency and fraud detection.
- Develop and automate predictive modeling processes that can be deployed through the organization to solve reoccurring analytics needs (ex: state specific implementations).
- Aid the decision-making process of our internal customers by building easy to deploy tools that present both insightful data summaries and actionable modeling results.
- Function as both project lead and supervisor for teams of 3-5 analysts. Ensure compliance with both analytics best practices and corporate standards while emphasizing analyst training and development.
- Provide implementation support for completed projects to ensure work results are successfully deployed in the marketplace.
- Experiment with and conduct internal peer reviews for new modeling techniques to continually improve on existing methodologies.
- Independently manage research for a corporate area such as a line of business or an operational department (Marketing, Sales, Claims, etc.) by: Meeting with key stakeholders to understand the processes and work streams of the area, identify problems that can be solved through predictive modeling and propose appropriate solutions;
- Prioritize projects based on the positive impacts to the business;
- Act as an analytics resource in executive meetings and advise the leadership team on the best approaches to data driven solutions to corporate problems.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- MUST HAVE LIFE INSURANCE PRICING OR RESERVING
- Wants a rock star, take over projects in our life business.
- MUST have either Python OR R
- Knows linear modeling
- Predictive modeling
- Decision tress
- Create ETL process-beginning to end process of data process
- Produce solutions that work with IT
- Experience in Life MUST HUGE, more life insurance exp than data science, reserving and pricing for life
- Actuarial experience as well! Must have reserving.
- Modeling software: Python and R - strong skills with one and some familiarity with the other. Experience with the Spark ecosystem strongly preferred.
- Solid coding skills and proficient with at least one programming language (C++, Java, Python, Scala, etc.)
- Ability to work with various data formats - from delimited text files to ODBC connections, data frames and relational databases.
- Proficiency and experience with several modeling techniques such as generalized linear models, decision trees, ensemble learning, regularized models (ridge/lasso/nets), clustering or neural networks.
- Combining various analysis methods to solve complex business problems, including using mathematical optimization techniques to combine predictions of different statistical models
- Excellent overall communication skills, particularly possessing the ability to translate technical results for wide audiences
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field preferred: Data Science, Actuarial, Mathematics, Statistics, CS, Physics, MIS, Economics, etc.
- 10+ years' experience in a data science environment
- Experience in Life Insurance and exposure to pricing and reserving for Life products