Praxair, Inc. is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.praxair.com.
Praxair Distribution, Inc. is seeking a Truck Driver (CDL A or B) to join our team located in Hammond, IN.
Praxair Truck Drivers are responsible for safely and efficiently operating a local route delivery vehicle to deliver hard goods, cylinder gas and associated products to customer locations. This Truck Driver opportunity is 1st shift and Truck Drivers are home nights and weekends.
The Truck Driver role at Praxair Distribution, Inc. is physically active (will be responsible for loading/unloading at client sites) and requires attention to detail and a strong commitment to safety. Praxair Truck Drivers also must be willing to communicate and cooperate with customers, respond to their needs, and safely operate delivery vehicle in compliance with company and DOT Guidelines.
- The Truck Driver provides a high standard of Customer Service while delivering hard goods, various size and packages of compressed gas cylinders to customers, this includes unloading of products and movement to customer use point, followed by reloading the returned empty cylinders to the vehicle
- Driving represents approximately 30 % of the Truck Driver's day, remaining portion of the day is taken up by other activities including; delivery, cylinder handling, shipping orders/ paperwork, customer contact, vehicle AM and PM inspections
- Route Truck Driver responsible for delivery to all types of Industrial, Service, Educational and Medical customers
- Responsible for counting and recording quantities and styles of product delivered and picked up to ensure accurate paperwork for customer transactions
- Completes Hazardous Material shipping orders papers in accordance with DOT/TC Regulations
- Placard vehicle according to required hazardous material regulations and PDI standards
- Handheld computers are used for conducting customer transaction paperwork as well as compliance needs such as Hazmat preparation, vehicle inspection reports, load report, trip reports etc. Truck Drivers follow a computer generated Route and Sequence delivery plan.
- Conducts and reports pre-trip and post-trip inspections noting and explaining defects or deficiencies to supervision
- Identifies need for repairs and/or maintenance to vehicles and is accountable for ensuring the maintenance or repairs are accomplished with a minimum of disruption to the operation
- Operates a variety of equipment and regularly interfaces with both internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Have at least two years driving experience or have completed a course of instruction from a truck driver training school that operates equipment similar to Praxair's
- No preventable accidents, license suspensions or other moving violations in the past two (2) years
- No alcohol related convictions within the last ten (10) years
- A current medical examiner’s certificate or the ability to pass a DOT physical
- Valid class A or B CDL is required
- Current Hazmat on CDL or ability to obtain Hazmat within 60 days of hire
- The ability to read and write in English
- High School G.E.D. is required
- Reached the age of 21 years or older
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.Apply