Job Title: Chemist
Location:Chicago, IL 60617
Candidate will need to be flexible with hours/shifts. Filling in where needed for call ins and vacations. The site works 24/7 shifts and hours.
Training will be on 1st shift the first 2-3 months. for the last 2-3 weeks, the candidate will train on from 3pm to 11pm. After training, shifts will be a monthly rotation cycle in which they can be working 1st shift one week, 2nd shift another and 3rd shift the 3rd week and rotate. Depending on the schedule rotation candidate would be required to work weekends as well.
Perform chemical experiments, tests, and analyses. Monitor product quality to ensure compliance to ISO 9001 standards and specifications. 50
Maintain organization and cleanliness of the laboratory (cleaning/sterilizing/troubleshooting/calibrating instruments and equipment, and keeping orderly work stations). 20
Provide technical expertise in support of R&D, investigate quality issues, and New Product Introductions. 10
Collect and interpret experimental data, compile technical reports, graphs, and charts as needed. 10
Develop and conduct programs of sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards of raw materials, chemical intermediates, and products. 5
Train operators and support management of quality test certification of hourly workforce 5
Education (includes formal education, certifications, accreditations, etc)
* Bachelors degree in chemistry or other science.
Skills (applied knowledge and technical skills directly related to this position)
* Ability to set up and conduct chemical experiments/tests such as chromatography, spectroscopy, and titrations.
* Keep detailed records of laboratory data in notebooks and related software.
* Effective communication between laboratory, production and sales.
* Ability to effectively manage time.
* General computer skills.
* Must be flexible - willing to work over-time as needed
* Previous laboratory experience in a plant based site.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 120859 when responding to this ad.