Ref ID: 01300-0012015332
Classification: Legal Assistant
Compensation: $19.00 to $22.00 hourly
A growing Manufacturing department has a job opening for a highly skilled and motivated Legal Assistant looking to grow their legal career. Are you a motivated self-starter and standout colleague with good computer skills and ability to multi-task? This is based in the Chicago, Illinois area. This job might be a great opportunity for you, if you have a real passion for the legal industry. This Legal Assistant position might be exactly what you're looking for.
What you get to do every single day
- Assist attorneys with key discovery and client intake
- Prepare various documents and correspondence
- Assemble correspondence and pleadings, as well as make arrangements for service on parties
- Manage hard copies of documents, as well as the electronic document system
- Assist in preparation of exhibit binders for depositions, hearings and trials
- Keep maintenance of the case calendar and observance of deadlines
- Consistently uphold standards of confidentiality
- Answer incoming phone calls and assist with handling phone lines when at high volume
- Prepare court filings and file electronically as required
- Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing
- Track record of expertise in Internet research, calendaring, word processing and spreadsheets
- Eagerness to learn quickly
- Strong attention to detail
- Diction experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-pressure environment, to prioritize client matters and adapt to quick changes while remaining diligent through each task performed
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- 1 or more years of experience handling multi-line phone systems
- Previous legal work experience and a dedication to integrity
You can take the next step in your legal career as part of this dynamic, growing firm. The ideal candidate is eager to work in a strong team-oriented environment.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5592. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.